Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Ruby & Sapphire Remake? -- CONFIRMED AWW YEAH

UPDATE/EDIT: 5/18/2014 -- TWO YEARS AFTER THAT TWEET WAS SENT OUT, IT'S HAPPENING. RUBY AND SAPPHIRE RE-IMAGINING/REMAKES FOR THE 3DS HAVE BEEN ANNOUNCED OFFICIALLY. IF YOU LIVE UNDER A ROCK, CHECK -- CLICK ME

Actually, after the insane amount of Hoenn references in X and Y, I'm pretty sure they were just teasing us at that point. It was obvious, there was no way they'd go through all that trouble for nothing.

This article is outdated and features source material that does not belong to me. Keep in mind that this was written 2 years ago and I was mostly rambling after browsing the internet.

---------------

Today I'll be sharing with you the hinting that a remake of Pokemon's Ruby And Sapphire Version is definitely possible! But why? Where did the rumors begin to start? And what are these fan-made promotional images!? Let's take a look~

When you see this picture, what do you think? At first glance, it looks promising. This art looks pretty comparable to Sugimori's style, but the "screenshot" sprites give it away. I first have to comment that this image is definitely a work of art: Clearly, whoever made it is taking the possibility with an excited and positive attitude. And ho wouldn't? Ruby and Sapphire were great games, and the first to be released on the GBA. The traditional style was re-amped and we were immersed into a new world with vivid colors, an epic adventure, and an unforgettable champion.

http://www.buttoncombo.com/archives/4992 Checking this link will take you to the first result on Google Search, where you'll notice this piece of information:

"In a response to a fan wanting to see remakes of Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire, GameFreak’s Junichi Masuda tweeted: ”Thanks for your thoughts. Ruby and Sapphire are important games to me. I will consider your request.'"

Though I've never seen the tweet itself, and I doubt I'd be able to read it, it seems like something a person involved in a game company might say. There's never really a definite answer to these types of things, but at least it's comforting to know that our voices aren't being dulled out.


I personally feel that Emerald truly polished what these two games had to offer, and definitely would love to see the remakes done with Elements from Emerald in mind. One of the things I remember was the battle tower before the days of Wifi internet (LOL) where you could go solo, with a friend via link cable, or even with a  computer! Having a computer for a partner in a double battle may seem like something "forever alone" might consider, but I enjoyed it a lot. After all, not many of my friends were into Pokemon at the time and it does rain here a lot during summer, you know?


Regardless, I truly hope that after Black and White 2, this project and idea will see some new light. genwunners and other fans might dislike the idea of a remake, but nostalgia is such a great feeling that I know I'd be sucked into it in no time.





Wish this picture was real D:




No comments:

Post a Comment